23.1.16

ZEN und die Arbeit im Garten

Lehrer für die Arbeit im Garten: Edward Espe Brown, Zen Koch im Tassajara Zen Montain Center: So I have wanted to explain that work is not just work, something you have to do to get paid, something you do to get it out of the way, but something that is the way: The way to be more intimately involved in life, the way to be more intimately human, awake and alive to sights, sounds, smells, tastes, touchables; the way to connect with this world with this life. And I am not sure that it is possible to teach this.
Aus: The Complete Tassajara Cookbook, Seite XVIII.

Ich werde das ganze Buch nochmal lesen. Für mich im Zentrum die Aussage: Du musst es nicht können, um es zu machen. Fang einfach an. Erlaube dir Fehler, dann lernst du mehr und schneller. Versuche nicht perfekt, genial zu sein. Versuche nicht irgendjemandem zu imponieren. Schau einfach hin. Sei achtsam.  

Kommentare:

Rob Dunlavey hat gesagt…

I learned how to bake bread from this book: "Tassajara Bread Book" 35-40 years ago. I feel so lucky to inherit this outlook you describe. Like Ticht Nhat Hanh… Ja?

When we cook/serve/eat/clean, we are engaged in Life.

http://www.mrpositive.com/washing-the-dishes/#sthash.aD7HfvB3.dpbs

". . . There are two ways to wash the dishes. The first is to wash the dishes in order to have clean dishes and the second is to wash the dishes in order to wash the dishes. . . .
If while washing the dishes, we think only of the cup of tea that awaits us, thus hurrying to get the dishes out of the way as if they were a nuisance, then we are not “washing the dishes to wash the dishes.” What’s more, we are not alive during the time we are washing the dishes.
In fact we are completely incapable of realizing the miracle of life while standing at the sink. If we can’t wash the dishes, the chances are we won’t be able to drink our tea either. While drinking the cup of tea, we will only be thinking of other things, barely aware of the cup in our hands. Thus we are sucked away into the future – and we are incapable of actually living one minute of life."

Klaus von Mirbach hat gesagt…

Dear Rob, the books of Edward Espe Brown are great. He writes not only about cooking and baking, there is much more, ultimately about how we live. There are so many people who do anything, do not even try because they cant do it perfect. I read again and again in his books, he always encourages me. Once I convinced a few official people, that baking bread is art. And they gave some money for my projekt. And then I baked bread with the children in a kindergarten. What a joy that was! Dear Rob, Thanks for your comments, I always look forward to hear from you, it means a lot for me, and I am amazed: we are so far apart, geographically, and yet close friends and peers. Whenever I'm traveling with my drawing book and a pencil, I must think of you. Best wishes

ps. What Tich Nhat Tan said about washing the dishes, I always have to exercise with drawing. Am I drawing for drawing, or what for? Not easy!